Looking for a meal your kids will love, but you won’t feel guilty giving to them? Try tossing chicken tenders with cornmeal – it gives them great crunch without deep-frying. Blackberries (or raspberries, if you prefer) combined with whole-grain mustard make for a sweet-and-savory dipping sauce. Goes great with steamed broccoli and/or carrots!
- 1 cup fresh blackberries or raspberries, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 pound chicken tenders, cut in half crosswise (see Tip)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Mash blackberries (or raspberries), mustard and honey in a small bowl until it looks like a chunky sauce.
- Sprinkle chicken tenders with salt and pepper. Place cornmeal in a medium bowl, add the chicken and toss to coat (discard any leftover cornmeal).
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium and cook the chicken, turning once or twice, until browned and just cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes total (thinner nuggets will cook faster than thicker ones). Serve the chicken nuggets with the berry mustard.
Nutritional Info (Makes 4 Servings):
Per serving : 184 Calories; 5 g Fat; 1 g Sat; 3 g Mono; 67 mg Cholesterol; 9 g Carbohydrates; 26 g Protein; 2 g Fiber; 452 mg Sodium; 70 mg Potassium