Creamy Coconut Lime Chicken comes together easily! The Caribbean inspired meal the entire family will love! Serve it over cauliflower rice for the perfect weeknight meal! This is a super healthy, easy to whip up meal! It’s savory & tangy, beautifully saucy. I love using boneless skinless chicken thighs for it, but breast will work too! A one-skillet recipe that is a weeknight lifesaver.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 5 chicken thighs (or 2 breasts cut in 4 pieces)
- 1/2 cup canned coconut cream
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 small Vidalia onion
- 4 limes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (AIP re-intro)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Season your chicken with salt and spices & set aside.
- Slice onion and sauté in a large skillet (that has a tight-fitting lid) with coconut oil on medium heat. When onions are tender (about 5-8 minutes), turn up the heat and add chicken to skillet, spread out, not overlapping the chicken.
- Brown chicken on both sides, 4 minutes a side.
- In the meantime, juice the limes.
- Add the lime juice, stock & coconut fat to the skillet.
- Bring to a simmer, lower heat, and cover with lid.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Serve over veggies and enjoy!