Garlic Tilapia with Blueberries and Tender Greens
2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
4 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
4 – 3-oz boneless, skinless tilapia filets, rinsed and patted dry
1 pint blueberries
7 oz mixed spring greens
1/2 tsp sea salt
Dried dill for garnish (optional)
In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil on medium for 1 minute. Add garlic and cook for 3 minutes or until garlic is translucent. Using a slotted spatula, transfer garlic to a plate. Set aside.
Add tilapia to skillet and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook for 5 minutes, uncovered, then gently flip tilapia over and cook for 5 more minutes. Remove filets from skillet and set aside.
Add blueberries, greens, salt and reserved garlic to skillet. Cook for 3 minutes or until greens begin to wilt.
Serve 1 tilapia filet with about 3/4 cup greens mixture. Garnish tilapia with a sprinkling of dill, if desired.
Number of Servings: 4
Calories 168, Fat 4g, Protein 18g, Carbs 15g, Fiber 3g, Sodium 360mg
- 1 – 12 oz package frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 1 medium avocado, halved, seeded, peeled, and cut up
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons purchased basil pesto
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt or kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped tomato (optional)
- Raw veggies, pita chips or tortilla chips
In a food processor combine edamame, avocado, onion, lemon juice, pesto, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cover and process until well combined and nearly smooth. Place dip in an airtight container; cover. Chill until serving time.To serve, top with tomato and additional sea salt and pepper. Serve with raw veggies, pita or tortilla chips.
Servings Per Recipe: 20
Calories 48, Protein 2g, Carbs 3g, Fat 3g, Fiber 1g, Sodium 74mg
Beef-and-Chicken Fajitas with Peppers and Onions
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14.25-ounce) can low-salt beef broth
- 1 (1-pound) flank steak
- 1 pound skinned, boned chicken breast
- 2 red bell peppers, each cut into 12 wedges
- 2 green bell peppers, each cut into 12 wedges
- 1 large Vidalia or other sweet onion, cut into 16 wedges
- Cooking spray
- 16 (6-inch) fat-free flour tortillas
- 1 cup bottled salsa
- 1/4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Fresh cilantro sprigs
To prepare marinade, combine first 10 ingredients in a large bowl; set aside.
To prepare fajitas, trim fat from steak. Score a diamond pattern on both sides of the steak. Combine 1 1/2 cups marinade, steak, and chicken in a large zip-top plastic bag. Seal and marinate in refrigerator 4 hours or overnight, turning occasionally. Combine remaining marinade, bell peppers, and onion in a zip-top plastic bag. Seal and marinate in refrigerator for 4 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
Remove steak and chicken from bag; discard marinade. Remove vegetables from bag; reserve marinade. Place reserved marinade in a small saucepan; set aside. Place steak, chicken, and vegetables on grill rack coated with cooking spray; cook 8 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.
Wrap tortillas tightly in foil; place tortilla packet on grill rack the last 2 minutes of grilling time. Bring reserved marinade to a boil. Cut steak and chicken diagonally across the grain into thin slices. Place the steak, chicken, and vegetables on a serving platter; drizzle with reserved marinade.
Arrange about 1 ounce steak, about 1 ounce chicken, 3 bell pepper wedges, and 1 onion wedge in a tortilla; top with 1 tablespoon salsa, about 1 teaspoon sour cream, and 1/2 tablespoon cilantro. Fold sides of tortilla over filling. Garnish with cilantro sprigs, if desired. Serve immediately.
Amount per serving (8 servings – 2 fajitas each)
Calories 407, Fat 14g, Protein 31g, Carbohydrate 41g, Fiber 5g, Cholesterol 64mg, Sodium 841mg
Baked Pesto Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup refrigerated basil pesto
- 2 -3 plum tomatoes, sliced (optional)
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line baking sheet with heavy-duty foil. Place chicken and pesto in medium bowl; toss to coat.
Place chicken on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in
Remove from oven; top with tomatoes and cheese. Bake for an additional 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Number of Servings: 4
Calories 197, Carbs 5g, Protein 30g, Fat 7g, Fiber 4g, Cholesterol 87mg , Sodium 232 mg