- 2 lbs summer squash zucchini and yellow squash, cut into ¼-inch slices (try to find medium, same-sized squash)
- 2 ½ T extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ¼ tsp sea salt, divided
- ½ tsp freshly ground pepper
- ⅓ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- ⅓ cup Panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 2 T fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut yellow squash and zucchini into thin, ¼-inch slices
- Sprinkle ½ teaspoon salt over the zucchini and squash slices. Let sit for 10 minutes and then dab to remove excess moisture with a paper towel.
- Spray a 9-inch square baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Alternatively, overlap the zucchini and squash in a row (You should be able to form 4 rows).
- Drizzle olive oil over zucchini and squash and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine Parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs and garlic powder. Toss to combine and sprinkle over zucchini and squash.
- Cover baking dish with aluminum foil and bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and turn heat to a High broil. Broil for an additional 5-7 minutes, or until breadcrumb topping starts to turn a golden brown.
- Serve immediately with fresh parsley and enjoy! Makes 6 servings!
Calories 112, Fat 8g, Chol 4mg, Carbs 8g, Sugar 4g, Fiber 2g, Sodium 602mg, Protein 4g