Here’s a high-fiber breakfast bar that will keep you full and satisfied without added sugar and artificial ingredients most packaged bars provide. Enjoy this bar for breakfast, a quick snack or for dessert! Yum!
- 1 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed
- 2 T vanilla-flavored protein powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 bananas
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter (or your favorite nut butter, for batter)
- 2 T raw honey (can use less honey if using a sweet protein powder)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter (or your favorite nut butter, for topping)
- 1 T mini chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line an 8×8-inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- Stir oats, wheat germ, flax seed, protein powder, cinnamon, and salt together in a bowl.
- Mash bananas in a separate large bowl and stir 1/4 cup peanut butter, honey and vanilla extract into bananas, mixing well. Stir in chocolate chips, if using. Stir dry ingredients into banana mixture and spread into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Take out and spread 1/4 cup natural peanut butter over top.
- Continue baking until lightly browned on the edges and set, 10 more minutes. Let cool in the pan and lift bars onto a work surface using parchment paper as handles. Cut into bars, wrap in plastic wrap, and store in refrigerator. Makes 12 servings.
Per Serving: 169 calories, 7g fat, 21g carbs, 4g fiber, 6g protein, 0 mg cholesterol, 148 mg sodium