- 4 heaping cups organic broccoli florets, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced (or ½ teaspoon garlic powder)
- 1T olive oil
- Pinch of sea salt
- ¼ tsp fresh ground black pepper
- One 14-ounce can artichoke hearts, drained, rinsed, and chopped
- 1 to 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 shallot or ½ yellow or red onion, finely diced
- 1 tsp fresh tarragon (or ½ teaspoon dried tarragon)
- ½ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ½ cup organic nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Minced or chopped fresh parsley for garnish, optional
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F.
- Mix the broccoli with the garlic, oil, salt, and pepper. Spread out the broccoli on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Mist the tops with oil spray and roast in the oven for about 10 to 15 minutes, until the broccoli is soft and slightly browned.
- While the broccoli roasts, combine the artichokes, scallions, and shallot (or onion) in a large bowl.
- Add the broccoli into the artichoke mixture. Add the tarragon, cumin, and paprika. Mix until everything is well combined.
- Add the yogurt and Parmesan cheese and mix well.
- Season with additional ground black pepper to taste and garnish with optional fresh parsley.
- Note: You can finely chop veggies by hand or by pulsing in a food processor.
- Makes 5 Cups
Amount per Serving (2 Tablespoons):
Calories 15, Protein 1g, Fat 1g, Sat Fat 0g, Chol 0mg, Carbs 2g, Fiber 0g, Sugar 0g, Sodium 75mg