Get to It! Exercise 2
(Each month we post a workout – one exercise per week for four weeks, culminating in the entire workout together)
Get ready for one of the best FULL BODY strength AND conditioning exercises!! The Single Arm (SA) Kettlebell Thruster works shoulders, triceps, glutes, quads, and core which all adds up to a high heart rate, great anaerobic workout at the same time! Give the Single Arm Kettlebell Thruster a whirl – it will NOT disappoint! Note: Although we prefer Kettlebells for most exercises, you may substitute a dumbbell.
- Feet should be slightly wider than shoulder width apart,
- Hold the KB with a neutral grip and in the “racked position” (wrists straight, knuckles facing the ceiling)
- Squat down to the appropriate depth (thighs parallel to the ground)
- Now, explosively stand up while pressing the KB overhead.
- Take note of your finishing position, your ankles, knees and hips should be locked out.
- Common mistake: Not pressing the weight directly overhead! Here is a simple way to check yourself: when looking in the direction of the arm that is overhead, you should be able to see past your arm, IE it should NOT be blocking your view.
- Feet slightly wider than shoulder width apart
- Neutral Grip
- Thighs parallel to ground
- Engage core
- Ankles knees and hips “locked out”
- Press directly overhead