- 2T coconut oil (or your favorite oi)
- 1.5 lbs organic chicken breast, cut into cubes
- 3T arrowroot starch
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp fresh black pepper
- Green onion for garnish
- Add the coconut oil to the slow cooker and set to high.
- Stir in the chicken and arrowroot starch and stir to evenly coat the chicken pieces.
- Stir in the coconut aminos, honey, orange juice, salt, pepper and ginger and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Cook on high for 2 hours or low for about 4 hours. Check towards the end that the chicken has reached 165 F internal temperature. Turn off the slow cooker once the chicken is cooked.
- Mix the chicken well with the sauce and top with green onion. Serve with steamed broccoli, rice or cauliflower rice.
Calories 304, Fat 9g, Carbs 24g, fiber 0g, protein 31g