Eggs – they aren’t just for breakfast!
Breakfast, lunch or dinner – this this frittata is a quick, yummy meal that you can have ANY time of the day!
What’s a frittata? It’s an egg-based Italian dish similar to an omelette (or crust-less quiche). It’s gluten free, low carb, high in protein, low in fat and vegetarian. The frittata is also super versatile – it’s a great vehicle for those leftover veggies or meat you have in your fridge. You can use the base of this recipe, then add any ingredients you want! Just keep in mind that adding meat or difference cheese will add extra calories.
- 1 cup egg whites
- 1 organic egg
- 3 cups of spinach (arugula or baby kale would work, too!)
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
- 2 small peppers (I used red and orange)
- 2 tablespoons fresh grated Parmesan
- Coconut oil pan spray
- Ground salt and pepper to taste
- Heat pan and spray with coconut oil
- Add eggs and top with all other ingredients – DO NOT STIR!
- Once the eggs are set and you can see the sides of eggs are starting to brown, turn off burner. Put a tight lid on pan and let sit for about 10-15 minutes.
- You should be able to get the frittata out of pan like an omelet. Enjoy!
Per serving: 9.5 g Fat; 6.5 g Carbohydrates; 20.5 g Protein; g Fiber; 3.5g sugar