Weekend Warrior Warm Up!
- Sometimes we need to take it down a notch and allow our body to recover (we can’t go full throttle all the time). The primary purpose for a warm up is to aid with injury prevention. Remember, in a quality warm up you never know when the warm up ends and the workout begins. Start off with some light stretching on the ground and gradually ramp it up until you have a light sweat going!
- Use this series as your daily warm up or as an active recovery routine. We recommend to slip this one in over the weekend to “grease the grooves” for the upcoming week. After you get this routine down, try and flow your own variety of movements together. Get creative 😉
Here is the routine:
Perform 1 Round for a warm up or 2-3 rounds for an active recovery workout
- Wrist wind-up – 10 reps
- Quad cross body stretch – 10 each side
- Lat stretch – 30 second hold
- Spiderman with a reach – 10 each side
- Inchworms – 10 reps
- Reverse lunge with an overhead reach – 10 each side
- Jumping jacks – 25 reps