- 1 pound organic lean ground chicken (or sub turkey)
- 1 organic egg
- 3 tablespoons your favorite buffalo sauce
- ⅓ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ½ white onion, very finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 ounces sharp cheddar cheese (or about ¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese)
- For topping:
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce, divided
- To garnish:
- Diced green onion (green part only) or fresh chopped cilantro
- For serving:
- Ranch or blue cheese dressing
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine chicken, egg, buffalo sauce, panko breadcrumbs, garlic, diced white onion, salt and pepper. Use your hands or a large spoon to mix until well combined.
- Place half of the meat mixture on the prepared baking sheet and shape into a 9×5 inch rectangle. Place cheddar evenly in the middle, leaving about an 1/2 inch of room on the sides. Top with the remaining meat mixture, enclosing the cheese completely and sealing the sides/edges together. You should get a nice oval shape.
- Spread half of the buffalo sauce on top of the meatloaf (1/4 cup), reserve the other half for brushing on when the meatloaf is finished baking. Remember not to double dip here!
- Bake meatloaf for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until the meat thermometer reads 165 degrees F. Top with remaining sauce and allow to cool for 5 minutes before cutting into 4 slices. Top with diced green onion and serve with your favorite ranch or blue cheese dressing! Makes 4 servings!
Freeze unbaked meatloaf: simply shape the buffalo chicken meatloaf, wrap it well with plastic wrap and a layer of tinfoil and place it in the freezer for up to 3 months. To cook from frozen, let the meatloaf thaw in the refrigerator before baking as directed.
Freeze baked meatloaf: bake as directed and let the meatloaf cool completely. Then wrap it well and freeze it for up to 3 months. To reheat it simply let it thaw in the refrigerator, remove the wrapping and then bake as directed until heated through.
Calories 317, Fat 17g, Sat fat 7g, Carbs 9g, Fiber 1g, Sugar 1g, Protein 29g