You just have to try the amazing duo of Chicken Pasta and brown butter Brussel Sprouts. The textures of these ingredients, the garlic chicken, the chewy noodle, and the buttery Brussel Sprouts, blend perfectly together.
Chicken Pasta with Brussel Sprouts is a perfect light dish. Some pasta dishes can really be weighed down with heavy cream and thick tomato sauces. The light and nutty sauce in this dish keep it fluffy and not too heavy. Pair it with some Country Garlic Cheese Bread and thank me later.
You can also dress up this dish by adding some crispy thick cut bacon. We like to mix it up from time to time!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
PASTA WITH BRUSSEL SPROUTS
- ½ pound penne pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound Brussel Sprouts, washed and halved
- 8 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Freshly grated Parmesan
- In a medium non-stick pan, heat butter and olive oil.
- Mix together salt, pepper, and garlic powder and sprinkle over both sides of chicken. Place seasoned chicken into the pan and cook 3-5 minutes on each side until browned. Chicken should reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Once cooked through, remove from the pan and set aside.
- Cook Pasta to al dente and set aside.
- In the same pan that you cooked the chicken in, heat the olive oil until shimmering. Place the Brussel Sprouts, cut side down and cook for 3 minutes. Flip the sprouts and cook for 1 more minute. The sprouts should be slightly charred on each side. Set aside while making the brown butter.
- In a small sauce pan over medium heat, melt the butter. Once the butter bubbles, begin whisking occasionally to prevent from bubbling over. Once the butter foams, whisk vigorously until golden brown bits form. Remove from heat immediately. Add the garlic and stir. Pour over the Brussel Sprouts and toss to coat.
- Add the Brussel Sprouts to the pasta and toss. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle on the Parmesan.
- Slice the chicken and place on top of the pasta mixture. Serve immediately.