We got this super yummy recipe from a client and had to pass it on!
If you’re in the Instant Pot club you’ll be able to make this in a snap!
A crock pot will take a bit longer but well worth it!
Let us know what you think!
- 2 pounds boneless organic chicken thighs (frozen or fresh)
- 3T all natural ketchup
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp garlic powder (or minced)
- 1/4 cup ghee or organic butter
- 1/2 tsp finely ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos (we added a few tablespoons extra!)
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- Place all ingredients in your Instant Pot or crock pot
- Stir to combine and coat the chicken
- If using an Instant Pot
- Secure the lid, close the pressure valve and press “Manual” (or crock pot on high)
- If using frozen chicken, press the “+” button until 40 is displayed
- If using fresh chicken, press the “-” button until 18 minutes is displayed (this could vary slightly)
- Allow the chicken to cook then quick release the pressure valve once complete
- Remove the lid when safe to do so and shred the chicken slightly with two forks (this is a suggestion not a requirement)
- Now remove the chicken from the stainless steel basin and press the “Cancel” button followed by pressing the “Saute” button
- Allow the sauce to reduce by allowing it to saute for 5 minutes
- Serve over vegetable of your choice, we ate ours on roasted cauliflower. Or if you can eat rice, do it up starchy style!
- Makes 12 servings!
Per Serving: Calories 236, Fat 17g, Sat Fat 6g, Cholesterol, 85 mg, Carbs 8g, Fiber 0g, Sugar 7g, Sodium 223 mg, Protein 13g