Happy fall, y’all!
Every year, we wait until there is just enough crisp in the air and the leaves are just beginning to turn… then something magical happens: PUMPKIN SEASON! Pumpkin spice lattes are the bomb.com, but NOTHING screams fall more than this Pumpkin Chocolate Chip bread. Once you try it, you’ll look forward to it each year!
Bonus: it’s a LIGHT RECIPE!
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups canned pumpkin (we love Libby’s!)
- ½ cup canola oil
- ½ cup fat-free vanilla pudding
- 4 large egg whites
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 ¼ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine first five ingredients in a large bowl and stir well with a whisk.
- Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; and level with a knife.
- Combine flour, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda in a medium bowl, stirring well with a whisk.
- Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture, stirring just until moist. Stir in 1 cup of chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into 2 (8 x 4-inch) loaf pans coated with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup of chocolate chips on top of each loaf.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in pans on a wire rack, and remove from pans. Cool completely on wire rack.
Per serving (1 slice): 152 calories, 5g Fat, 2g Protein, 26g Carbs, 1g Fiber, 137mg sodium