Here’s a colorful salad that is filled with crunch!
- Edamame adds plant-based protein along with lots of fiber
- Tons of colorful veggies with antioxidants
- Homemade salad dressing is a perfect addition that adds flavor and a kick!
- Can add chicken to boost the protein
- 2 cups shredded cabbage (green or purple)
- 2 cups shredded kale
- 1 small bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 cup chopped cucumbers
- 1 cup shelled edamame
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup chopped bell peppers (red, yellow, orange)
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
For the peanut dressing:
- 1/3 cup creamy natural peanut butter
- 1T coconut aminos
- 1T raw honey
- 1T fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp chili garlic sauce
- 3T warm water
Place the cabbage and kale in a large bowl. Arrange the onions, cucumbers, edamame, carrots, bell peppers and peanuts on top. Sprinkle with cilantro. For the dressing: Whisk together the peanut butter, coconut aminos, honey, lime juice, sesame oil, chili garlic sauce and warm water until smooth. Drizzle the peanut dressing over the vegetables, then serve immediately. Makes 2 servings.
Calories: 419kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 448mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 19g |