It’s Fall Y’all!
Even though it may not feel like fall yet…we’re sharing an October must-make pumpkin chili 🙂
There is nothing like putting all your ingredients in the crockpot before heading out for the day to come home to your meal warm and ready to eat! So easy!
- Lean protein
- 1 lb boneless, skinless organic chicken breasts
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2.5 cups red, orange and yellow peppers, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, chopped
- 1 cup organic pumpkin puree
- 1.5 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup organic chicken broth (we used bone broth to boost the nutrition)
- Optional: avocado slices, guacamole, green onions, cilantro
Chop onions and peppers. Lay chicken breasts along the bottom of crockpot. Cover chicken with pumpkin puree, onions, peppers and spices. Add broth, cover and cook on low for 6 hours. After 6 hours, shred chicken breasts with 2 forks. Stir the shredded chicken with the other ingredients and let sit for another 15 minutes to allow thickening. Garnish with avocado or other toppings + enjoy! Makes 4 servings.
Calories: 227, Fat 5g, Sat Fat 1g, Chol 74mg, Sodium 821mg, Carbs 18g, Fiber 5g, Sugar 9g, Protein 28g