If you love garlic you will LOVE this dish! This low carb, gluten free, paleo chicken and zucchini cooks in a yummy garlicky sauce and is super easy to prepare and cook! The recipe calls for boneless, skinless chicken thighs (with excess fat trimmed off), but if you’re looking to cut some calories and fat, use chicken breasts instead!
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs (or breasts)
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 lemons – 1 juiced, 1 sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced (more or less, depending on your garlic preference)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 zucchini, sliced into half moons
- In a large bowl, combine 1 tablespoon olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and oregano. Whisk until combined, then add chicken thighs and toss to coat. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let marinate in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes (ideally up to 2 hours).
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Heat remaining tablespoon of olive oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season both sides of marinated chicken with salt and pepper, then add chicken pour in the remaining marinade.
- Sear first side until golden, about 8 minutes. Flip chicken and add zucchini and lemons to the skillet.
- Transfer pan to oven and cook until the chicken is cooked through and zucchini is tender, about 15 minutes.
Makes 4 servings
Per serving: 297 calories; 14g fat; 5.6g carbohydrates; 34g protein; 1.6g sugars; 250mg sodium