Marinating not only adds flavor, it helps keep meat tender during cooking. The balsamic vinegar creates the base for a fast and easy marinade, full of flavor. The meat will taste great and be nice and juicy!
You can use your outdoor grill when the weather’s nice, or a grill pan on those cooler or rainy days. Either way, gets great char for added flavor!
Serve with or on a salad of spinach, tomatoes, red onion and blue cheese
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons dark brown sugar
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound skirt steak, trimmed and cut into 4 pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag.
- Add steak, turning to coat; seal and marinate at room temperature 25 minutes, turning once.
- Remove steak from bag; discard marinade.
- Heat a large grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle both sides of steak with 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper.
- Add steak to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.
- Remove steak from pan; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 tsp salt.
- Let stand 5 minutes. Cut steak diagonally across the grain into thin slices.
Calories: 201 Fat: 10.3g (sat 4g,mono 5.2g,poly 0.4g) Protein: 22.3g Carbohydrate: 3.1g Fiber: 0.0g Cholesterol: 51mg Iron: 2.6mg Sodium: 323mg Calcium: 16mg