- Switch things up with some protein packed tuna steak.
- Tuna steak is a great option for someone who may have a textural issue with fish. It can be on the drier side resembling actual steak!
- This would be a wonderful post workout meal paired with some brown rice ramen and veggies!
Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 5 minutes
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 (1-inch) [piece fresh ginger, sliced
- 2 (6 ounces each) sushi-grade ahi tuna steaks, about 1-inch each
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
1. In a small bowl, whisk together the fresh lime juice, soy sauce and sesame oil. Pour the mixture into a large resealable plastic bag. Add the ginger slices
2. Season the ahi tuna steaks with pepper, transfer to the bag and seal the bag then marinate for 15 minutes.
3. Transfer the marinade to a medium glass bowl and microwave for 1 minute
4. Heat a nonstick skillet, cast iron skilled or grill pan over medium-heat. Sear the fish until the desired degree of doneness is reached, about 2 minutes per side
5. Thinly slice the ahi. Garnish with green onions and serve with the heated marinade
Serving size 1 tuna steak | Calories 232.5 |Total Fat 6.8g | Saturated Fat 0.6g | Cholesterol 90mg | Sodium 962.2mg|
Carbohydrates 7.7g | Fiber .4g | Sugar 0.3g | Protein 38.5g