- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 large organic eggs
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup of your favorite unsweetened milk
- 1/4 cup applesauce, oil, or a mashed banana
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a standard 12-cup muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients: flours, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and chocolate chips, and stir to combine.
- In a medium bowl, beat together the eggs, yogurt, milk, applesauce, and vanilla. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and stir in the wet mixture, stir just until moistened (don’t over-mix).
- Divide batter between muffin cups. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
Calories: 153 | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 5g | Sat Fat 3g | Cholesterol: 33mg | Sodium: 162mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 11g