This healthy and hearty stir fry recipe is packed with protein and a variety of tasty veggies!
The cutting and chopping will all be worth it once your tummy is full and happy!
Stir-fry dishes are the King of food prep for a “go to” lunch that never gets old to eat!
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon vegetable oil divided use
- 1 cup thinly sliced peeled carrots
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth or water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a large pan over medium heat
2. Add the broccoli and carrots and cook for approximately 4 minutes or until
vegetables are tender
3. Remove the vegetables from the pan; place them on a plate and cover.
4. Wipe the pan clean with a paper towel and turn the heat to high.
5. Add the remaining tablespoon of oil
6. Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper and add them to the pan in
a single layer – you may need to do this step in batches. Cook for 3-4
minutes on each side until golden brown and cooked through.
7. Add the garlic to the pan and cook for 30 seconds.
8. Add the vegetables back to the pan and cook for 2 more minutes or until
the vegetables are warmed through.
9. In a bowl whisk together the chicken broth, honey and soy sauce.
10. In a small bowl mix the cornstarch with a tablespoon of cold water.
11. Pour the soy sauce mixture over the chicken and vegetables; cook for 30
12. Add the cornstarch and bring to a boil; cook for 1 more minute or until
sauce has just started to thicken.
Nutrition per serving:
Calories: 263kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 29g
| Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 65mg | Sodium: 990mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 17g