This Greek-Mexican fusion meal combines fresh veggies, avocado and Sundried tomato Tzatziki for a fresh and delicious meal that is high in protein and low in fat!
This recipe is derived from the “Gourmet Nutrition” Cookbook – available at the front desk!
(per 2 servings)
- 6 oz chicken breast
- 1/2 cup sliced tomato
- 1 avocado, cubed or thin-sliced
- 1/4 cup sweet onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup cucumber, thin sliced
- 1/4 cup Sundried Tomato Tzatziki
- 3/4 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1/4 Sundried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup peeled cucumber, seeds removed and rough chopped
- Hint: lightly salt and rest in collander lined with paper towel to pull out as much moisture as possible.
- 1 Tbsp tried basil
- 2 tsp pure honey
- 1 tsp fresh garlic, minced
- 2 whole wheat tortillas
- Season chicken breast with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Preheat a non-stick pan on medium heat, lightly coat with spray and add chicken. Saute until lightly browned on all sides and cooked all the way through. Set aside.
- In a blender or mini food processor, combine low-fat yogurt, sun dried tomatoes, peeled cucumber, basil, honey, garlic . 1/8 tsp salt and 1 pinch pepper and puree until desired consistency (you can leave a little chunky or make completely smooth).
- Combine chicken, vegetables and Tzatziki in a bowl. Mix, then divide into two bowls or tortillas
- Eat on it’s own, or wrapped in a whole-wheat tortilla
Yield: 2 tortillas
Calories 296, Total Fat 8g, Protein 30g, Carb 26g