Looking for a quick and easy meal that’s high in protein? This chicken and corn chowder is low in fat and has the perfect mix of protein and carbs that’s perfect for after a workout, or anytime!
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 medium onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (2 tsp.)
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 10 oz. cooked chicken breast, cut into chunks
- 11 oz. canned whole-kernel corn, drained
- 1 ½ tsp. cornstarch or 1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. water
- 2 tsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
- Pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- Coat a nonstick pot with spray and preheat over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, garlic and red pepper and saute 3-5 minutes, until tender.
- Add milk, bring to a boil, then reduce heat and add chicken and corn.
- In a small dish, mix cornstarch (or flour) with water.
- Add cornstarch mixture to pot and simmer for five minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring frequently.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and cayenne pepper.
- Makes two servings.
Nutrition facts per serving:
2g fat, 354 calories, 40g protein, 44g carbs, 2g fiber