This creamy, paleo baked chicken recipe with sun-dried tomatoes is TO DIE FOR. I had it at a friend’s house last night and immediately asked her for the recipe to share! The best part is that it’s gluten free, dairy free, and “clean eating”! Trust me, when you taste this you will NOT think you are eating healthy – but you are!
The sun-dried tomatoes add so much flavor, and the chicken is tender, juicy and flavorful. It takes about 15 minutes to prepare, then just put it in the oven and the work is done!
- 1/4 cup unmodified potato starch (if you aren’t paleo, you can use corn starch)
- 1 tablespoon real salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken (about 4 breasts or 8 thighs): for lower fat, use chicken breast; but for a little more flavor (and fat, of course), you can use boneless, skinless thighs
- 3 tsp extra virgin olive oil (divided)
- 1 yellow onion thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup sliced sun-dried tomatoes (NOT packed in oil!)
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning (oregano, thyme, parsley)
- large pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 can (13.5 oz) coconut milk (unsweetened)
- 1 cup chicken stock (or broth)
- Basil shredded, on top
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
- Mix together potato starch, salt and pepper in medium-sized bowl. Toss chicken in the mixture until fully coated
- Heat 2 tsp of olive oil in large ceramic-coated dutch oven (my personal choice) or oven-proof frying pan. Add the chicken, half at a time, and brown on each side. When chicken is all browned, remove and set aside
- Add remaining tsp olive oil to the pan and heat on medium/high. Add sliced onion and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, Italian seasoning and red pepper, ans saute for another minute or so
- Add coconut milk and broth and bring to a boil
- Add chick into the sauce, scooping onions and tomatoes over the top of the chicken
- Cover with lid (make sure oven safe!). Cook at 400 degrees for 45 minutes. After 45 minutes, reduce heat to 300 and cook for another 20 minutes
- Remove from oven and top with shredded basil right before serving!
Serve with your favorite veggies!
Per serving, makes 8
Chicken Breast: 179 calories, 9g carbs, 5g fat, 27g protein, 428mg sodium, 3g sugar
Chicken Thigh: 189 calories, 9g carbs, 12g fat, 23g protein, 440mg sodium, 3g sugar
Recipe with slight modifications from MyNaturalFamily.com