- 4 organic chicken breasts
- 4 slices fresh mozzarella
- 2T olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups basil leaves
- 1 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 10 oz halved cherry tomatoes
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- ‘2T olive oil
- 1T white balsamic vinegar
- 1T lemon juice
- 4 leaves fresh basil, cut into thin strips
- Heat oven to 400°F with a rack in the middle position. Alternatively heat your outside charcoal or gas grill to medium high heat.
- Place all ingredients for the pesto into a small food processor and pulse until combined. Set aside.
- . In a small bowl, toss together all ingredients for the tomato bruschetta. Set aside to let the flavors mingle.
- Pat the chicken dry and rub with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- For baking the chicken in the oven: Place the chicken breasts in a baking dish and bake until the internal temperature of the chicken is 165° F. About 20-30 minutes depending on the size of your chicken breast. When the chicken is almost done baking, place a slice of fresh mozzarella on each breast. Remove from oven when it is slightly melted but not dripping down the sides of the chicken.
- For grilled chicken: Place the chicken on the grill and cook until the internal temperature of the chicken is 165° F. When the chicken is almost done being grilled, place a slice of fresh mozzarella on each breast. Remove from the grill when it is slightly melted but not dripping down the sides of the chicken.
- Top the mozzarella slices with a scoop of pesto and a scoop of bruschetta. Serve immediately. Makes 6 servings.
Calories 392, Protein 28g, Carbs 7g, Fiber 0g, Fat 31g, Sat fat 6g, Chol 62mg, Sodium 246mg