Turmeric and ginger are great anti-inflammatories with tons of health benefits. The coconut milk gives this recipe lots of flavor especially with fresh garlic, lime juice and cumin. Make sure you marinate the chicken for at least 2 hours or overnight and you’ll get a richer flavor. Add this chicken to a big salad for a complete meal. Enjoy!
- 4 boneless, skinless organic chicken breasts
- ½ cup canned coconut milk
- 1T olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- tsp turmeric
- 1T ginger, grated
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp salt
- 1T fresh lime juice
- Place chicken in a large ziplock bag or bowl.
- To make the marinade, whisk together coconut milk, olive oil, garlic, turmeric, ginger, coriander, cumin, salt and lime juice until combined. Pour marinade over top of chicken until completely coated and seal.
- Marinate chicken in the fridge for at least an hour, but best overnight.
- Pre-heat grill on medium-high heat, making sure to lightly spray with oil to avoid sticking. Grill chicken, covered, for about 5-6 minutes on each side until cooked through and juices run clear.
- Top with additional lime juice if desired and enjoy!
NUTRITION INFO (Makes 4 servings):
Serving Size: 1 chicken breast • Calories: 320 • Fat: 11 g • Saturated Fat: 6g • Carbs: 3g • Fiber: .4g • Protein: 48g • Sugar: 0g