Amish Chicken Casserole uses flavor packed rotisserie chicken as a base and is topped with a savory and simple white sauce and perfectly cooked noodles. A simple and delicious chicken casserole with an incredibly easy white sauce. This recipe uses egg noodles, homemade or store-bought, but feel free to use any type of shortcut pasta you prefer.
Prep: 15 minutes Cook: 25 minutes Servings: 6
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces medium egg noodles cooked
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms sliced
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F and grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- In a medium sauce pan, make the sauce by melting the butter over medium heat. Whisk in the flour until no lumps remain.
- Stir in the broth and milk and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and allow to simmer until thickened. Stir in the salt and pepper. Keep warm on low while preparing the rest of the casserole.
- In a large bowl, add the noodles, chicken, mushrooms, onion, and parsley. Pour in the sauce and stir to coat. Transfer to the baking dish and sprinkle on the cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until thoroughly heated. Serve immediately.