- 2 ¾ cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or raw honey
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 organic eggs
- 1 ¼ cups milk of choice
- ¼ cup melted unsalted butter or coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded apple or finely diced, more for topping
- ⅓ cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Preheat the oven to 375℉. Spray a 9×9 or 8×8-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, combine the old-fashioned rolled oats, cinnamon, chia seed, baking powder, fine salt, maple syrup, applesauce, eggs, milk, butter, and vanilla. Stir until combined.
- Fold in the apples and toasted walnuts.
- Transfer batter to the prepared dish. Top with a few chopped toasted walnuts.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the center is set.
- Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
- Top servings with whipped topping or yogurt and maple syrup if you please. Makes 9 servings.
Serving Size: 1/9 of recipe Calories: 277 Fat: 12 g, Sat Fat: 4 g, Sodium: 174 mg, Carbohydrate: 35 g, Fiber: 5 g, Sugar: 11 g, Protein: 8 g, Cholesterol: 54 mg