- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1-pound frozen shelled edamame
- 1 1/2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 2 cups finely chopped kale
- 2 large carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 cup of chopped roasted cashews (or peanuts)
- 3 tbsp natural creamy peanut butter preferably unsalted
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp honey (or maple syrup)
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp sriracha
- 2-4 tbsp water (to thin)
- Rinse quinoa and add to pot with 1 cup of water and cook according to instructions.
- Meanwhile, add edamame to a bowl with 1/2 cup of water and cover. Microwave on high for 5-7 minutes, or add to a steamer basket and steam on stove.
- While those are cooking, prepare the other veggies. Shred cabbage, finely chop the kale, grate the carrot and chop scallions and cilantro.
- When edamame and quinoa are done, let cool for about 10 minutes.
- Add all ingredients for the dressing into a shaker bottle or bowl and whisk together until smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired.
- Add quinoa, edamame, and all veggies to a large mixing bowl.
- Pour the dressing on top and mix until well combined.
- Top with chopped roasted cashews and a sprinkle of red pepper flakes. Makes 6 servings.
Serving: 1cup / Calories: 366kcal / Carbohydrates: 34g / Protein: 17g / Fat: 19g / Fiber: 8g / Sugar: 9g