- 2 pounds boneless organic chicken tenders
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups finely crushed corn flakes
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat, or all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried dill
- 1 teaspoon each garlic and onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or chipotle chile powder, use more or less to taste
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt black pepper
- extra virgin olive oil, for brushing
- chopped fresh chives or parsley, for serving
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 1/2 a lemon, plus additional wedges for serving
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- kosher salt and black pepper
- Add the chicken to a gallon size zip lock bag. Pour the buttermilk over the chicken. Toss well to coat.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Add the corn flake crumbs, flour, parsley, chives, dill, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, and a pinch each of pepper to a medium sized bowl. Stir to combine.
- Remove each piece of chicken from the buttermilk, and dredge through the crumbs, pressing gently to adhere. Place on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat until all the chicken has been used. Make sure not to crowd your pan, if necessary use two baking sheets. Lightly brush/drizzle the chicken with olive oil. Transfer to the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, make the honey mustard sauce. Combine all ingredients in a glass jar and shake or whisk until smooth and creamy.
- Serve the chicken topped with flaky salt, fresh chives, and honey mustard for dipping. Makes 14 servings. Enjoy!
Calories 267, fat 16g, sat fat 3g, chol 27mg, carbs 21g, fiber 1g, sugar 7g, sodium 405mg, protein 11g