- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup red onion, diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 12 oz cooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts, shredded
- 12-oz jar roasted red peppers in water, drained and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups canned cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups low sodium chicken stock
- 1 28-oz can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 11 tablespoons reduced fat cheddar cheese, for topping
- chopped cilantro, for topping
Heat a large pot over medium heat and add the olive oil, onion, jalapeño, and garlic. Cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the paprika, chili powder, cumin, black pepper, salt, and red pepper flakes. Stir and cook for 5 more minutes.
Add the chicken, red peppers, beans, chicken stock, tomatoes, and barbecue sauce, stirring to combine. Cover the pot, lower the heat to medium low, and cook for 20 minutes. Remove the lid and taste, adjusting the seasoning to taste, if needed. Cover and cook another 10 minutes.
Ladle the chili into bowls and top with cheddar cheese and cilantro. Enjoy!
Servings: 11 Calories: 237 • Fat: 7 g • Protein: 23 g • Carb: 22 g • Fiber: 5 g • Sugar: 8 g
Sodium: 951 mg (without salt) • Cholesterol: 43 mg