Here is a colorful meal that is filled with:
- Lean protein
- Tons of fiber
- A variety of nutrients and
- Healthy fats to keep you full and satisfied after a tough workout!
Prep time: 15 mins Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 30 minutes
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 chicken breasts (about 4oz each), thinly sliced
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cups broccoli, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 can chickpeas (15oz)
- 1 cup red cabbage, chopped
- 1 avocado, chopped
- In a small bowl add the chili powder, paprika, onion powder, cumin, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, sea salt and black pepper. Use about 1 tablespoon of the oil the chicken. Rub the spice rub evenly on the front and back of the chicken. In a medium-sized skillet over medium-high heat add 1 tablespoon of the oil. Add the chicken and cook on each side about 2-3 minutes or until cooked through.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. On a baking sheet add the broccoli, pepper and chickpeas. Salt and pepper and drizzle with remaining olive oil. Roast for 15 minutes or until tender.
- Power bowl: Divide the chicken evenly with the broccoli, peppers, chickpeas, avocado and red cabbage.
Makes 4 servings. Per 1 serving: Calories 428/Total Fat 23g/Sat Fat 3g/Chol 65mg/Carbs 26g/Fiber 9g/Sugar 5g/Protein 33g/Sodium 949mg