Burpees use virtually every muscle in your body, which makes them a very efficient exercise, and an AWFUL exercise, which is why it’s name, is appropriate. It addition, Burpees places a significant load on your cardiovascular system so you get a cardio workout without having to run a single step (while wishing you were running instead[Symbol]). Finally, are an incredible calorie burner!.
- Bend over or squat down and place your hands on the floor in front of you, just outside of your feet.
- Jump both feet back so that you’re now in plank position.
- Drop to a push-up—your chest should touch the floor. You can also drop to your knees here, which makes the impending push-up easier.
- Push up to return to plank position (this can be a strict push-up, a push-up from the knees, or not a push-up at all (i.e., just push yourself up from the ground as you would if you weren’t working out)—your choice).
- Jump the feet back in toward the hands.
- Explosively jump into the air, reaching your arms straight overhead.