Here’s something for all of you who like a little heat!
This is what you’ll get:
- Tasty meal all in one skillet!
- Dinner in less than 30 minutes
- Colorful veggies to boost vitamins, minerals and antioxidants
- Beans add extra fiber and protein
- Complex carbs add long-lasting energy
- 3/4 lb lean grass-fed ground beef
- 4 tsp salt-free Cajun or Creole seasoning, divided
- 1/2 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeño pepper seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 (15-ounce) can no-salt-added kidney beans rinsed and drained
- 1 (20-ounce) bag frozen brown rice prepared according to package directions
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh parsley
In a large skillet, cook beef with 1 1/2 teaspoons of the Cajun seasoning over medium-high heat until browned, about 10 minutes. Add onion, celery, pepper, jalapeño and 1 1/2 teaspoons of the Cajun seasoning and cook until tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Add broth, stir to scrape up any browned bits and cook until thickened, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in beans and cook until heated through. Meanwhile, toss warmed rice with remaining 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning. Stir parsley into beef and bean mixture and spoon over rice.
Per serving: 420 calories, 8g fat, 3g sat fat, 75mg chol, 120mg sodium, 51g carbs, 9g fiber, 5g sugar, 32g protein