- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 cup green peas (fresh or frozen)
- 4 cups cauliflower “rice”
- 1/4 cup tamari, plus more to taste
- 2 organic eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil (optional)
- Heat the olive oil in a large deep skillet, and sauté the onion, carrots, and celery until they start to soften, about 5 minutes. Add in the garlic and ginger, and stir one more minute, just until fragrant.
- Add in the peas and cauliflower rice, along with the tamari. Stir to combine, then cover with a lid to let the vegetables cook until tender, about 5 to 8 minutes. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking, and feel free to use a splash of water to remove any vegetables that stick to the bottom of the pan.
- To add the eggs, use a spatula to move the cooked fried rice to the edge of the pan, leaving a well in the middle. Add a splash more oil to the center of the pan and then crack the two eggs into the middle of the pan. When you see them start to cook, use a spatula to scramble them in the middle, until cooked through.
- Mix the eggs into the rest of the cooked fried rice, and adjust any seasoning to taste, adding more tamari if desired. Serve warm. Leftover rice can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 4 days. Add your favorite lean protein to make this a complete meal. Makes 4 servings.
Per Serving: Calories: 174kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 93mg | Sodium: 928mg | Potassium: 798mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 5590IU | Vitamin C: 95.3mg | Calcium: 81mg | Iron: 1.9mg