If you’re looking to make your favorite home-made pizza a little healthier, or trying to cut out gluten or eat less carbs, this cauliflower crust is the perfect alternative! Its so crispy and flavorful, you won’t feel like you’re missing out!
We give you the crust recipe, you just add your favorite sauce and toppings!
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 Tablespoon almond meal
- 1 egg or 2 egg whites
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Your favorite pizza toppings!
- Place cauliflower in food processor and pulse it until fine.
- Put riced cauliflower in microwave safe bowl and microwave for 10 minutes (or steam on stove top until it is soft).
- After the cauliflower has cooled, take cheesecloth (or thin dishtowel) and squeeze out as much water as you can – it’s very important to get out as much moisture as possible to get a crispy crust!
- Add all ingredients to the cauliflower rice and mix.
- Place parchment paper on a pizza pan. Take cauliflower mixture and spread it on pan.
- Bake crust for about 15 mins at 425 degrees or until browned.
- Add your desired toppings and bake for another 10 minutes
Yield: 8 slices (not including additional toppings)
Per Slice: 85 calories, 9g protein, 5g carbs, 2g fiber, 9g sugar, 4g fat