Who doesn’t love soup? Here’s a healthy chicken soup, which replaces white noodles with brown rice, and loads upon the veggies – which helps you gets and keeps you feeling full! It’ll warm you to the core!
- 1 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 3 large carrots, diced
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 3-4 scallions, sliced
- 1/3 cup brown rice (uncooked)
- 2 tsp thyme
- 1 can (14.5oz) no-salt added diced tomatoes, including juice
- 8 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- Heat olive oil in medium saucepan and add chicken and saute until cooked
- Transfer cooked chicken on plate
- Add carrots, celery and scallions to the same saucepan
- Saute for about 3 minutes and stir in brown rice and thyme
- Cook for another 5 minutes, stirring often
- Add chicken, tomatoes and chicken stock to saucepan
- Bring to boil, then lower heat and simmer for about 30 minutes, until rice is cooked. Add salt and pepper to taste!
Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Information (per serving):
Calories per serving: 225