Here’s a recipe that will be perfect on a summer night! Fire up your grill and enjoy!
- Filled with lots of lean protein to keep you full and satisfied
- Has lots of color from veggies and fruits to give you fiber and antioxidants
- Serve on top of a mixed green salad for lunch or consume as is 🙂
- Make extra as you’ll want more for the days to come, trust us!
- 10 oz grilled chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1 large granny smith apple, sliced thinly
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thinly
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thinly
- 1-2 jalapenos
- 1 lime, juice & zest
- 2T extra virgin olive oil
- 1 handful fresh cilantro, chopped
- Salt & fresh ground pepper
- Put chicken, apple, onion and pepper slices into a large bowl.
- Zest lime and add to bowl.
- In small food processor add jalapeno, juice of the lime and process. Add olive oil and process. Pour this over the salad and mix. If you don’t have a food processor, mince jalapeno with a knife and add to lime juice. Wisk in olive oil, then add to bowl with chicken.
- Add lightly chopped cilantro and salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Let this sit for about an hour for the flavors to mix.
- Makes 2 servings
(per portion) Calories 354, Fat 15g, Protein 30g, Carbs 28g, Fiber 5g