Quick, Easy and Healthy Chicken and Avocado Burrito
These yummy burritos are really easy to make and can be prepared ahead of time – they can even be frozen for months to defrost whenever you want them! They’re a great, quick and different way to use leftover chicken, or you can make a big batch to have meals on hand for when you’re short on time.
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken, or grill or sear 2 chicken breasts for 10 minutes then slice into thin strips.
- ½ cup reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1 avocado diced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro chopped
- 4 large tortillas (you can try reduced fat, low carb or whatever kind you like!)
- 1 tablespoon oil (we love avocado with this dish – but olive or whatever you have works!)
- Mix the shredded chicken, cheese, cilantro, and the diced avocados.
- Lay a tortilla flat on a plate and add ¼ of the mixture, form a roll. Repeat the process for all four tortillas.
- Pour 1 tablespoon oil into a heated pan or griddle. Place all four tortillas on the pan and cook for 2 minutes on medium- high heat. Flip on the other side and cook for another minutes or until the the burritos are golden in color. Serve warm.
- Burritos can be frozen cooked or uncooked for up to 3 months!
Yield: 4 burritos
Per serving: 310 calories, 18g Fat, 28g Protein, 35g Carbs, 5g Fiber, 340mg sodium