- 3 heaping cups of rolled oats
- 2 Tbsp organic cane sugar
- 1/4 cup favorite oil (olive, avocado, or melted coconut oil)
- 1/4 cup creamy natural organic salted peanut butter (could sub any nut butter)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup, agave nectar, or honey
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 340 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, combine oats and sugar.
- Warm nut butter, oil, and syrup in a saucepan until thoroughly combined and pourable.
- Pour over oats and quickly toss/stir to combine. If it appears too wet, add more oats.
- Spread evenly on a large baking sheet (or two small baking sheets) and bake for 18-22 minutes, or until evenly golden brown. Watch closely as it tends to brown quickly near the end. IMPORTANT: Toss once around the 15-minute mark to ensure even baking.
- Remove from the oven, toss gently to release heat, and let cool completely on the pan.
- Transfer to mixing bowl or storage container and add chips (optional) and stir or shake.
- Eat with your favorite milk. Will keep fresh for up to two weeks. Freeze after that. Makes 10 servings.
Serving: Per 1/3 cup Calories: 239 Carbs: 31g Protein: 5g Fat: 12g Sat Fat: 3g Chol: 0 mg Sodium: 20 mg Fiber: 4g Sugar: 13g