Try this healthy stir fry that uses zucchini and carrots as a base to sneak more veggies in your diet 😉
The coconut, limes, garlic, chiles, ginger and cilantro add so much flavor — oh my!
- 3 limes, juiced and zest 1 lime
- 3/4 cup light coconut milk
- 1 tsp low-sodium soy sauce (we used coconut aminos for a healthier choice)
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 1-inch piece fresh ginger, grated
- 1 red chile, chopped and thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 c. fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced, white and green parts separated
- 1 large carrot, spiralized
- 2 medium zucchini, spiralized
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 lb cooked, peeled, deveined shrimp
Finely grate zest of one lime into a large bowl, then squeeze in juice of all limes (should yield about 1/4 cup). Whisk in coconut milk and soy sauce or coconut aminos. Finely grate in garlic, ginger, and 1/2 red chile. Finely chop 1/2 cup cilantro and stir into the bowl along with scallion whites. Thinly slice rest of chile and set aside.
Using a spiralizer fitted with the finest noodle blade, spiralize carrot, then use a larger blade to spiralize zucchini. Toss voodles in coconut milk mixture; let sit for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, fold in red pepper, shrimp, and remaining cilantro. Sprinkle with remaining scallions and sliced chile. Makes 4 servings.
Per serving: 225 calories, 5.5 g fat (2.5 g sat), 32 g protein, 415 mg sodium, 14 g carb, 7 g sugars, 3 g fiber