- 2 lbs boneless, skinless organic chicken breast
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce (tamari for gluten-free)
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 3 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp sriracha hot chili sauce (or more to taste)
- 1 heaping tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 medium scallions (chopped for garnish)
- Place chicken in slow cooker and season with black pepper. In a medium bowl, combine soy sauce, honey, tomato paste, vinegar, garlic, 1 tbsp water, sesame oil, onion powder, and sriracha hot chili sauce. Pour over chicken and cook on low for 4 hours.
- Remove chicken, leaving the sauce in the slow cooker. Shred chicken with two forks; set aside.
- In a small bowl, dissolve cornstarch in the remaining 1/4 cup water; add to the slow cooker and stir to combine. Cover and cook on HIGH until slightly thickened, about 15 to 20 minutes; return chicken to the slow cooker and mix well.
- Serve chicken and sauce over rice and top with sesame seeds and chopped scallions for garnish. Makes 8 servings.
Serving: 2/3 cup, Calories: 198kcal, Carbohydrates: 13.5g, Protein: 27g, Fat: 4g, Sat Fat: 0.5g, Cholesterol: 83mg, Sodium: 475.5mg, Fiber: 0.5g, Sugar: 10g