Did you know you can make lasagna in a slow cooker? Not only CAN you, but it’s SO GOOD!
It is not only good, it’s also super easy! In this recipe, we’re going for the low carb/gluten-free option and using zucchini “noodles” in place of traditional noodles. You just pour tomato sauce on the bottom of the slow cooker, then layer until the ingredients are gone. Then press go and YOU ARE DONE. Easy-peasy, and so good.
- 15 oz part-skim ricotta
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 4 cups tomato sauce
- 4 medium zucchini, sliced 1/8″ thick (if you have a mandoline, that’s the easiest way to get them the right thickness)
- Tip: to keep the lasagna from being soupy, grill the zucchini slices before putting in the slow cooker to draw out some of the moisture
- 16 oz part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Slice Zucchini, grill quickly to draw out moisture
- In a medium bowl mix ricotta cheese, egg, Parmesan cheese, spinach. Stir well and set it aside.
- Lightly coat the inside of the slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Spoon about 1 cup of tomato sauce on the bottom of the slow cooker and spread it well.
- Layer 5-6 zucchini slices to cover.
- Place some of the ricotta cheese mixture and top with the mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat the layers until all your ingredients are all used up.
- Top the lasagna with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- Cover and cook on high, 3-4 hours.
- Turn off the slow cooker and let stand for about 1 hour
Yield: 8 servings
Per serving: 251 calories, 13g Fat, 21g Protein, 11g Carbs, 5g Sugar, 515g sodium