- 1 T olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 lb organic lean ground beef
- 2 tsp taco seasoning
- 4 oz green chilis, chopped
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup of your favorite milk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese 4 oz optional
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and grease a 10-inch pie pan.
- In a medium skillet, saute onion with olive oil over medium-low heat until softened, about 5 minutes. Add ground beef to skillet and cook over medium heat until brown and no longer pink. Drain excess fat and stir in taco seasoning.
- Transfer beef mixture to prepared pie pan. Top with green chilis and black beans.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, milk, and salt. Pour mixture into pie pan, and sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Bake taco pie for 35 to 40 minutes, or until it’s set and not jiggly in the middle. Remove to a wire rack. For easy cutting, cool for 30 minutes before serving.
- Top with your favorite taco toppings, such as sour cream, cilantro, and avocado. Makes 8 servings.
Calories: 290kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 136mg | Sodium: 211mg | Potassium: 327mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g