- 2 T olive or coconut oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 large celery stalks, chopped
- 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 10 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 cups chicken stock (sub bone broth for extra goodness!)
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper
- 1½ tsp sea salt
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed (optional)
- 3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 2 cups baby kale leaves
- In a large pot or dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat and sauté onion, celery and carrots, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and garlic, cooking another 3 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken stock, bay leaves, turmeric, crushed red pepper, salt and chickpeas; bringing to a boil. Mix in shredded chicken, cover and turn down heat to a simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add kale, cover and simmer an additional 5 minutes. Discard bay leaves, serve and enjoy!
- Makes 8 servings
Serving Size: 1½ cups • Calories 253 • Fat 7 g • Sat Fat 1 g • Carbs 21 g • Fiber: 6 g • Protein 28 g • Sugars 4 g