- 2T veggie oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cups low-sodium organic beef broth, divided
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1T chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 pound lean ground organic beef
- 1 can (15-ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15-ounces) 15-ounces corn kernels, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (16-ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup Jasmine rice
- Low carb whole wheat flour tortillas (or your favorite tortillas)
- Your favorite toppings (hot sauce, sour cream, cheese, guacamole, lettuce, etc)
Turn the Instant Pot on saute setting and add the oil; once the oil is hot, add in the diced onions and cook for 1 minute.
Add in the ground beef, break it up with a wooden spoon, and season with salt and pepper; cook until browned.
Stir in the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
Season with chili powder and cumin; stir around. Add in 1/4 cup of beef broth, stir and simmer for 1 minute.
Stir in the beans, corn, and tomatoes; stir until combined.
Add the rice on top of the mixture, but don’t stir.
Add remaining broth over the rice.
On manual setting, set the pressure to HIGH for 10 minutes.
Close and lock the lid. Instant Pot will take about 10 minutes to pre-heat and then the 10 minutes to cook.
Allow pressure to naturally release for 12 minutes, then turn to quick release.
Remove the lid and stir. Place the lid back on (powered off) and let stand for 5 minutes.
Remove lid and divide mixture between low carb tortillas and top with your choice of toppings.
- Makes 8 servings.
Calories 301, Fat 8g, Sat Fat 4g, Chol 35mg, Sodium 318mg, Carbohydrates 26g, Fiber 1g, Sugar 2g, Protein 17g