You’ve probably heard of the spaghetti squash, but have you tried it? If you’re craving something decadent and delicious without overdoing the calories, you’ll love these delicious spaghetti squash boats filled with everything you love about baked spaghetti – (turkey) sausage, tomato sauce and cheese. But, this version cuts down on the calories and carbohydrates, adds in some greens and is gluten free!
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup of reduced fat feta cheese
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 lb fat-free ground turkey sausage
- 2 cups Trader Joe’s Tomato Basil marinara sauce
- Large spaghetti squash
- Preheat oven 450 degrees
- Cut squash in half and scoop out seed and toss
- Spray both sides of squash with cooking spray and sprinkle with sea salt
- Roast until tender (about 25 mins or so)
- While your squash is cooking, brown turkey and add marinara sauce
- Put half of meat sauce on each squash along with 1 cup of spinach and 1/4 cup of feta cheese
- Place in oven until heated and cheese has melted. Enjoy!
Makes 4 servings: Per serving – 256 Calories, 24g Carbs, 6g Fiber, 33g Protein