1 lb boneless, skinless organic chicken tenders
Salt and black pepper to taste
3 egg whites, lightly beaten
2 cups panko gluten-free bread crumbs
2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp chipotle pepper purée
1 Tbsp honey
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Season the chicken with salt and pepper (can place in air-fryer instead)
- Place the egg whites in a shallow bowl. Place the crumbs on a plate and season those, too.
- Dip the chicken tenders into the egg, then toss in the crumbs, being sure to coat fully.
- Place the breaded chicken pieces on a baking sheet coated with nonstick cooking spray and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until the crumbs have browned and the chicken is firm.
- Combine the mustard, chipotle, and honey in a large bowl.
- Toss the cooked chicken tenders in the mixture so they are all evenly coated with the spicy-sweet sauce. Serves 4.
250 calories, 1.5 g fat (0 g saturated), 350 mg sodium