If you love peanut butter, you’re going to LOVE these protein peanut butter bars! They’re chewy, chunky and creamy – all in one bite! Plus, they’re full of protein, so it’s the perfect post-workout snack.
This recipe is from the “Gourmet Nutrition” Cookbook – available at the front desk!
- 1 tbsp pure honey
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup all-natural chunky peanut butter
- 125 g vanilla protein powder (we use DotFit!)
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/4 sliced almonds
- Add honey, vanilla, cottage cheese, cinnamon and water to a food processor or blender and puree until smooth.
- Transfer to mixing bowl. Add peanut butter and stir to combine.
- Add protein powder and stir to combine.
- Add oat flour and stir to combine.
- Line 9×9 baking pan with plastic wrap about twice the size of the pan, making sure it hangs equally over both sides.
- Scoop mixture into the plastic-lined pan.
- Fold the extra plastic wrap over the mixture.
- Spread the mixture with a spatula, making sure it fills the pan and there is a layer of plastic above and below the bars.
- Uncover the top of the mixture and press the slices almonds into the top of the bars.
- Cover. Chill in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Cut into 2×2 inch bars and enjoy!
Yield: 8 bars
Per bar : Calories 373, Total Fat 22.1 Protein 26.6g, Carb 17g