It’s PUMPKIN time!
Tis the season 🙂 Since pumpkin flavored drinks are all the rage right now, we’re going all in with this nutrient-dense drink that will keep you full and satisfied without the unhealthy ingredients, calories and fat.
Not only are pumpkins loaded with the antioxidant rich orange color of beta-carotene (a pre-cursor to vitamin A) but is also full of fiber which helps keep your eyes and skin happy along with other powerful disease-fighting capabilities. We also snuck in a little turmeric into this drink to help give you an extra anti-inflammatory boost!
A pumpkin protein smoothie can be the perfect post-workout recovery food—since pumpkin is also full of potassium, along with its vitamins, minerals and phytochemicals. Yum!
- 1/2 cup organic pumpkin, canned or fresh baked
- 1 small tart apple
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1 scoop protein powder (we like vanilla DotFit)
- 2 tsp pure vanilla
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 t0 1 tsp turmeric (start with 1/2 tsp as it has a strong flavor!)
- 8oz milk (unsweetened almond, cashew, coconut, regular cow’s milk)
- 1T coconut oil
- Mix everything in blender until smooth
- Add 1-2 handfuls of ice cubes
- Add extra water if you want a thinner smoothie
- Makes 2 servings
Per serving: Calories 223, Carbs 27g, Fiber 7g, Sugar 13g, Fat 9g, Sat Fat 6g, Chol 0mg, Sodium 224mg